FULLY EQUIPPED PURPOSE BUILT TRAINING FACILITY
CONGLP1, PD, RPH, LAV, B, HTRLP2, CMC
(Changeover from Natural Gas to domestic, Permanent Dwellings, Residential Park Homes, Leisure Accommodation vehicles, Boats, Commercial Mobile Catering)
CONGLP PD: A changeover core assessment for an operative who already holds a core gas safety assessment and intends to extend their scope of work to include carrying out installation and maintenance work on Liquefied Petroleum Gas pipework, appliances and equipment in Permanent Dwellings.
LAV: appliances and equipment in Leisure Accommodation Vehicles (e.g. holiday homes, touring caravans, motorhomes)
RPH: appliances and equipment in Residential Park Homes
B: appliance and equipment in boats
CMC: Commercial Mobile Catering. The assessment is designed to assess the competence of a registered installer who undertakes, or wishes to undertake work on commercial mobile catering vehicles, whether it is installation, commissioning, servicing or repairing the relevant gas appliances.
Entry Requirements for CONGLP1 LAV & RPH: Must hold either CCN1, CCLP1 (Duration: 1 day training, 1 day assessment)
Entry Requirements for B: CCLP1 Or CONGLP (Duration:0.5 training, 0.5 assessment)
Entry Requirements for CMC: LPG & COMMERCIAL CATERING (CCCN1, CODC1) (Duration: 1 day training, 0.5 day assessment)
The candidate will be assessed in the following areas:-
- Gas safety legislation and standards
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Products and characteristics of combustion (inc. combustion performance analysis)
- Characteristics of LPG
- Supply pressures.
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation, flow control and valves for cylinders
- Cylinder location, safety and sizing
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Tightness testing and purging (PD, LAV and RPH)
- Tightness testing and purging (B)
- Unsafe situations, use of emergency notices and warning labels
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Chimney standards
- Chimney inspection and testing
- Installation of open, closed, balanced and fan assisted chimneys
- Re-establish existing gas supply and re-light appliances.